Dark Parties

Dark Parties - Sara Grant Full review can be found at http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.comDark Parties was intriguing. It held my attention steady, but I’m not entirely sure how well the sequel will play out to be honest. It’s one of those “wait-and-see” things, I guess. There were a lot of unanswered questions left hanging in the air by the end, and at times I felt the plot a bit underdeveloped and characters slightly flat or detached. However, at the same time, I did enjoy the overall story… finding Homeland a place that I would be doing everything in my power to try and escape like Neva was. I like rebellion a little too much maybe. Is that a bad thing? Haha.This wasn’t the usual style Dystopian read where it’s action-packed. I would say this had more psychological impact with a lot of twists and turns. It also wasn’t too original in the idea, but the overall effect of the story kept me reading on, including the twists that the author provided. I’m really interested to see where the author takes the sequel.I do recommend it. It was entertaining, mind-bending, and thought-provoking. A good read.