Dead of Night: A Zombie Novel

Dead of Night - Jonathan Maberry You can also find my review at The Bookaholic: http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.comWow! What a ride this was! Dead of Night will put you on the edge of your seat, make you chew down your nails, and flip the pages so fast that you may get a paper cut. A cut… whoops, look out for that zombie! Luckily for me, I was reading an e-copy, so no worries on my end with any paper cuts. Besides, I’m prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse. Are you? I highly enjoyed Dead of Night and the characters that Jonathan Maberry crafted from the start. It was an immediate attention grabber from page one and I would absolutely love to see this on the big screen with the action packed scenes in full force and the hordes of zombies gracing us with their presence. I liked the development of the plot line and how these zombies were created. There was a realism to the story that made it that much more frightening. The ending left me breathless, almost in tears, and yet I still wanted more!There’s a style to Maberry’s writing that’s not only elegant but compelling and exciting to read. I can’t wait to read more from this author in the (very) near future.Fantastic!4.5 stars!