Storm Born

Storm Born - Richelle Mead I don't remember the exact date I read this book, late 2009-early 2010 is all I remember, because I know I picked it up while waiting for one of the Vampire Academy books to come out. I also was curious to see just how well Richelle Mead wrote in the adult genre compared to her VA series. She didn't disappoint me one bit. In fact, I devoured this book. And I've reread it twice since. I'm thinking about rereading it again soon, for Halloween. I love the characters and the details. And King Dorian. Hello!! It was full of fun fast-paced action and witty dialogue with great world building. This was an urban fantasy adventure that I couldn't put down. I love every bit of this series. I don't normally read a lot of erotica, but when I do, I look for a certain "style" so-to-speak. Ms. Mead had exactly that. She never strayed from the story, and didn't make it all about ridiculous, cheesy sex scenes. If anything, they were far from it, and tastefully written without over-the-top details.Between reading the VA series and this one, it wasn't a surprise when I had turned to a friend and told her, "No wonder Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors." If you enjoy urban fantasy in any way, I do highly recommend picking this up!