The Archived

The Archived - Victoria Schwab **Please go to my blog The Bookaholic to see my full review.**Today, I have a most wonderful book to talk about. I’ve been trying to hold off a little while on my review since I had finished it a few weeks ago, but I figured it’d be okay to post it now. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff is perhaps one of my favorite books of the 2012 releases. But it’s not going to be a tough one to answer next year when asked about favorites of 2013. Hands down, The Archived by Victoria Schwab is one of the best reads I’ve experienced in years and it will be at the top of that list too. Get your pre-orders ready, everyone. You do not want to miss this book! On occasion, I do like to express myself through pictures. This is going to be one of my rare reviews with gifs and pics so warning you now about that. My first reaction upon seeing the above blurb of this book was simple:Expectations immediately rocketed. I was on the edge of my seat waiting until I either could get lucky enough to receive an ARC or run to the store and buy my copy on release day (either way, I’m going to buy it come January). And lucky I got. I won a beautiful ARC on Twitter thanks to Shannon Messenger (@SW_Messenger) and then I sat on the edge of my seat again waiting until the mailman arrived with the book. I promise I didn’t injure the delivery guy…maybe. Sorry dude. I was just insanely ready to have it in my hands.Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. My expectations were met and The Archived went above and beyond them. I have to be honest here and say that I haven’t picked up The Near Witch (though it’s on my TBR list) because the closest bookstore to me is almost an hour away and it seems it’s never stocked every time I go in. Alas, I’m just going to have to order that one. I know from reading this, I will own everything Ms. Schwab releases ever. The writing is beautiful, mesmerizing, and inspiring. Mac and the story built around her is compelling. It starts immediately after the loss of her little brother, which pulls at my heartstrings. Stories that involve sibling relationships in general with draw me right in because I have a strong bond with my older brother myself. The flashbacks between her and her grandfather, Da, helped build and pace the story. It was so well crafted and amazingly done. It felt real. I loved this unique world in the background. The Histories and the descriptions throughout were a bit creepy and dark at times. I totally loved every bit of it. There’s an unexpected romance that made me smile and laugh. I adored the characters in each of their own ways. I found myself questioning at times if I would want to visit The Library. I look at random strangers now and wonder if they’re Keepers. That’s how much this book has become a part of me since reading it. One day, I will hug Ms. Schwab and thank her for the amazing creativity and inspiration she gifted me. For now, I highly recommend that this book immediately goes on your TBR and pre-order lists. The Archived is not going to be a book you want to miss out on.