Seduction: A Novel of Suspense

Seduction: A Novel of Suspense - M. J. Rose

I was first introduced to M.J. Rose’s writing last year with Book of Lost Fragrances. At the time I didn’t know it was part of a series, as is Seduction, but I feel as a reader you won’t get technically lost if you do pick up one of these books out of order at any point.

They stand out easily on their own without much confusion and separate storylines to enjoy individually.

With that said, I liked Seduction a bit more than I did the previous work of the author’s I’d read. There were slow moments, and it did start slow, but the historical side of it with Victor Hugo was fascinating--along with the descriptions and emotions that I felt through the words. It’s worth the time to go through. A read that you sit and savor, rather than rush through. I was glad that I felt like I got to know Jac better in this book. She seemed like a relatable character. Strong-willed, yet not afraid to be vulnerable, and intelligent.

I honestly don't have a lot to say about this title. I just sat back and enjoyed the read without much to pick apart or talk about afterward. :) And I breezed through the pages quickly, devouring it because I found myself not wanting to put it down.

Seduction is haunting and atmospheric with an amazing setting that leaves you breathless--and leaves an impression on you long after you finish turning the last page.

I know I’ll always make sure to pick up a book by M.J. Rose from now on.