Dark Swan: Storm Born, Volume 1

Richelle Mead's The Dark Swan: Storm Born - Richelle Mead, Grant Alter, Dave Haman, Adam Markiewicz

First, I would like to thank Sea Lion Books for contacting me and giving me the opportunity to read this wonderful set! Thank you so much! You can also find my review at: http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com

If you haven’t yet read Richelle Mead’s Dark Swan series, I highly recommend it. It’s fun, action-packed, and romantic! And this graphic novel that coincides with the series isn’t any different. I love, love, love the illustrations that were put into this. I finally get to see Eugenie and the characters as I imagined, and the they’re gorgeous! This absolutely makes me want to go back and re-read the original series all over again. I admit, I don’t read graphic novels too often anymore. I'm usually not a fan of the ones that are just a rewrite from the original books. My fave right now are Buffy the Vampire Slayer (hey no jokes there, I am a Buffy fanatic hehe), but this is one series that I believe I will be continuing as well. I must make a note. As the Dark Swan book series is adult, so is the comic book series. The graphics and text are still explicit at times. So, there’s your warning.Volume 1 surprised me from the first page. I always did like how the first book immediately grabs your attention with the haunted shoe, so I was glad to see they continued that introduction right into the graphic novel.

The beautiful graphics sent my head spinning. I had been extremely excited to see them since the moment I had heard that the Dark Swan series was going to turn into a graphic series. They didn’t disappoint one bit.One thing I can say for sure: I still don’t like Kiyo. But I never did like his character. I don’t know why. I guess I’m just too big a fan of King Dorian. And I can’t WAIT to see Dorian whenever he appears later on in the series. Ha! Issue 2 transitioned smoothly from the first, starting off exactly where it had left off and getting right back into the action. I continued enjoying the graphics and I’m sure to love this series for as long as it remains!