The Heart Denied - Linda Anne Wulf First of all, thank you very much to Hydra Publications/GoodReads' Giveaways for the free copy of "The Heart Denied". I received a free copy of the novel, but it does not reflect or influence my opinion of it any way. I always give an honest review. :)This was a thoroughly enjoyable piece to read, and I found myself glued to the pages. It is historical fiction and romance... humorous sometimes and a bit dark at times. The characters jump from the pages and you're immediately along for the ride from the very first page. Admittedly, I struggled to put the book down (of course, that's a great thing :P)! I was turning the pages constantly to continue on with the story and find out what happened next to each character. It was written classically and with great elegance, fitting for the time period that it was set in. I quite enjoyed the language and dialogue. The descriptions were nicely done- not over the top, but in a fashion that was a good balance. There were some erotic portions at times. None bothersome to me, but I have to advise it to readers, anyway. If you pick it up, be prepared for a few small "scenes" and moments. And one violent scene that gets your blood boiling- however, gets justified well done in the end. There was absolutely nothing done "cheesy" in the romance areas of this book, and I'm thankful for that, as I usually find that oftentimes- romance like this can be a bit of a struggle to sit through without snickering. This was elegant, passionate, and beautiful, though. I'm not trying to put a spoiler in my review, however, I must say that I did kind of see the "twist" at the end coming. There was some foreshadowing here and there. But it wasn't enough to destract, and it didn't ruin the ending at all. I was very happy with it still. By the writing, I can surely tell the author must enjoy some of the classics.I know one of my all time favorite books is Wuthering Heights- and in some ways, the writing at times reminded me of that. That's a compliment, by the way. :)A quite lovely read overall. I'm happy to keep this on my shelf and recommend this to others.Pixie (The Bookaholic)