Ancient Egypt: Kingdom of the Pharaohs - R. Hamilton Here's a little fact about me:Sometimes, I read history texts for fun. Okay, okay.. I admit it, it's more than "sometimes". Actually, it's probably a little more often than the average person. I can't help it, though. I'm just one big history geek. ^^Honestly, this may not be worth four stars. It was a little boring. Wow, I actually said boring when talking about a book on history. Big shock. But it could be perhaps that it was my mistake that I picked up something I already knew quite a bit about. So, through my eyes, it was a bit repetitive. I like learning new things. And sure, I love history texts about my favorite time periods and cultures- but if I already know a lot about a particular one, I try to either stay away from texts on them for a little while, or find work that will teach me new things about it. This one helped me learn some new things, but not as much as I expected for the volume. However, it's such a GORGEOUS presentation. How can I not read it and stare at the beautiful art and photos? Even the cover captures me. I adore it through and through. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't know much about Ancient Egypt and the Pharaohs. You can learn quite a great deal from this text if you're willing to take the time to read it (and it may take some time- for me it took me almost 5 months to get through it, but I read it in small pieces here and there between other fictional works).So from a history geek: This is a worthy read. :) 4 stars.