Marked - Kristin Cast, P.C. Cast Full review is also posted on my blog at http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.comI'd tried reading this book a few times over the last year or so to be honest. And every time, I couldn't make it past the second chapter to continue on with the story. This time around, I was determined to make myself get on past and continue reading until I finished so that I could gain a proper opinion of the book without being "pre-judgemental" if you know what I mean. Admittedly, it does have a bit of a slow start, and even a bit of a cheesy one. For anyone who hasn't read it, I don't want to give anything away because I'm not one to put spoilers in my reviews. I do like to comment on characterization and storyline, etc... without spoilers to the plotline.I'm really a bit glad I finished Marked this time, instead of putting it down again. It wasn't as terrible as I thought. Although I did find some annoying points to the novel. For instance, I felt it lacked detail. The storyline in general was a great idea, with room for amazing potential and full of possible rich history and characterization points... but it was lacking in this area as it felt the authors skimmed through a lot of details just to show strict action or jump right to romance (which I honestly felt was maybe too rushed as well?). Most characters were two-dimensional and needed more depth. There was plenty of room for it, but as I said, it felt as if the detail got cut or lost somewhere along the way in the idea. I actually liked the history and the mythos of the vampires that the authors created. I wanted to know more. So that was a good sign when I found myself enjoying a lot of the reading, even if most of it was just light and fluffy. I wouldn't have called it near great. It certainly wouldn't go on my list of "top vampire favorites", but I will probably continue on with the series just out of curiosity to see where it goes.I also wouldn't recommend this to younger teens, even if it is a YA read, as it has strong sexually suggestive themes.