Tempest - Julie Cross http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.comTempest had been on my TBR list since the first day I heard about it… and that had been quite some time ago. So, when I received my copy--won through LibraryThing’s Early Reviewers-- I was completely ecstatic and dove right into reading it the day it arrived in the mail. Something felt just a little off, though. It wasn’t disappointing in the slightest, and I really enjoyed reading this action-packed romantic adventure. But… still, something felt… off. It took me awhile to figure it out, and I finally did. I had a bit of a struggle to keep focused and I kept putting the book down. No matter how much I enjoyed, I still always found myself laying it down after reading a couple chapters and going to something else. It wasn’t boring in the least. There was just a lot going on and information that I felt I had to absorb before I could just keep reading in my normal style. What I liked most particularly was the unique trait--time jumpers. I’ve heard of these abilities before with characters, but Julie Cross made this her own and it felt like it could be realistic. Especially when throwing a science geek into the mix who had his theories. I also really liked the male perspective and hero. This isn’t found as often in YA, and in my personal experiences, haven’t been done too well whenever they are or a connection isn’t found for me. But in the case of Jackson, I liked him. His character was driven and charming. You wouldn’t even know the author was female writing the male character. She did a fantastic job creating his personality and made him come alive from the pages.I liked both Hollys in different ways. I’m not going to say much on that statement because you should read it for yourself. As you are aware from the blurb, his girlfriend of present (Holly) gets “hurt” and he jumps back in time. There’s an entirely different, younger Holly there to say the least that he meets up with… but I enjoyed that character in a different way for other reasons as well. Cross was great at integrating everything, past and present, and the visualizations for me were easy to come by. So, rumor has it that Tempest is already in production to be a movie, or about to be? If true, then good. After finishing, I saw this easily becoming the “next big Hollywood film”. Not just for the audience, but for the action, adventure, and romance. This will intrigue both genders of all ages, I’m sure of it. I can’t wait to read the next installment.