Touch of Power - Maria V. Snyder You can also see my review on my blog, The Bookaholic, at http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.comPardon my following sentence if you don’t like my language:Where the hell have I been to just getting around to reading Maria V. Snyder’s work? Have I been under a rock? Seriously, I think so! Welcome to 2012 for me! Touch of Power was so absolutely astounding, I still can’t stop thinking about it. This was a fantastic start to the year for me truly and I want to slap myself for just getting around to reading Snyder’s work. I must go out and buy more books… Like. Right. Now.Lilies are my favorite flower, by the way, but in the world of Touch of Power, Snyder immediately takes this gorgeous flower and turns them into something to be feared. There’s no “Honey, I brought home some lilies from the garden today” in this one. If you come across them in this world, well, you just better back off! And that is what Snyder floored me most about this book-- the unique and imaginative detail, and the emotion. It was a powerhouse of emotion and rich detail. I was wrapped into the world and characters. I cried (I cried a lot to be more accurate). I laughed. I wanted to hug Poppa Bear! It was magical and compelling and so utterly beautiful, I just didn’t want it to end. Avry is one of my new favorite heroines now. Unique and brilliant--I’m begging for more, please!