The Nightmare Affair - Mindee Arnett I didn’t find The Nightmare Affair particularly memorable once I finished reading, though the story itself was cute. I went into this title with extremely high expectations due to the blurb sparking so much interest in this idea of a Nightmare. It was a unique idea to say the least, and I really liked the unusual addition to the paranormal/fantasy genre here. Unfortunately, some of the characters did fall a little flat and I wasn’t all that interested in them at times. I enjoyed Dusty a lot though. She was spunky, and often determined. She was a fun character to read. My overall biggest nitpick was that this was such a fresh concept/unique-sounding idea, that I guess my expectations exceeded it a bit. I went into it with different thoughts, and instead found that it still had many of the same things a lot of the current trending YA plotlines seem to have--only with a slightly fresher feel with the whole Nightmare thing. But it is a good story, and I do recommend reading it for yourself if you’re interested. All in all, I really don’t have much to say negatively on The Nightmare Affair. It’s an easy, entertaining read with some unusual characters. Though you might find the somewhat typical clichés in YA (boarding schools, etc.), I’d recommend it if you’re looking for something different and fun and cute. It’s a fast-paced read and was hard to put down. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Arnett’s work in the future. :)3.5 stars!