The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa I loved The Immortal Rules and knew without a doubt that I was going to continue the series last year when I’d finished that book. So when I picked up The Eternity Cure, I was excited and a bit nervous to see where it was going to go from where it left off. I realized quickly within the first few chapters, it wasn’t only better than the first installment, but going to be a hell of a ride while reading. And I wasn’t wrong. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. Allie developed so much better through the second installment and became even more kick-ass than before. Along the way, I got to know Jackal. Such a sarcastic and witty character, full of snark that sparked banter between the two and constantly had me smiling or laughing out loud. Sure, he was a bit of an ass--and even could be down-right evil--but he’s a vampire. And he tells it like it is. He is hands down my favorite character, besides Kanin of course. And speaking of Kanin, I was grateful to see much more of him through here this time because that’s what disappointed me through the first. Sorry gals, despite the growth of Zeke (and he does develop into a stronger character finally thank goodness), I’m still just not a fan of his. Though tears were running down my cheeks by the end nonetheless because Julie Kagawa is evil.The only minor nitpicks I had was that sometimes the narration became a bit too cheesy for me, but it can happen with first person and I do get a bit picky I guess. Ex: The constant use of the term “Psycho Vampire” just got on my nerves a little too much. And the worries of being vampire with a human thing that I thought we were already past from the first installment. It became repetitive. Just minor details. But I overlooked them pretty easily because I was having too much fun reading, so no biggie really. The action is strong. The emotions run wild. This is going down as one of my favorites of 2013 and that cliffy at the end is surely having me on the edge of my seat for the next book right now. If you haven’t started this series yet, I highly recommend that you do. Even if you think vampires are overdone, you just don’t know what you’re missing!4.5 stars!