Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins It’s not often that I read Contemporary. I like my monsters, okay? But in the last several months I’ve found myself picking up more and more books on this side of the YA side and actually enjoying several of them. So naturally, when I kept hearing the amazing things about Anna and the French Kiss, along with a few friends’ recommendations, I just had to see for myself what all the hype was about. ;)And enthralled I was--immediately--from the first page. Perkins told a masterful story that was realistic, with loveable characters, and I often found myself emotional right alongside them. This book was completely unputdownable. I could not stop turning the pages. I read well into the early morning hours until I finished because I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. I can’t possibly write a long review, because I really don’t have much to say other than fantastic things. The characters are well-rounded. I adored the setting and visualizations. But what I really liked most? The pacing. This is not an insta-love romance. The characters are developed, the plot is structured, and the story flows along beautifully. Just wonderful. I’m so glad I finally read it. One of my new favorites. Highly recommended!