The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown I've been a fan of Dan Brown since the beginning, so I was a bit excited to finally sit down and read this book (waited for it to come out on paperback because I didn't want to pay the ridiculous hardback price haha). Only, this time I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed. It was still a fantastic read and I got through it very quickly, but in my opinion not even near as great as "The Da Vinci Code" or "Angels and Demons", his other two Robert Langdon stories. The research was done well for this one, and the story here held my attention for sure... but something about it kept nagging at me. I felt like it foreshadowed too much a lot of times. Several places throughout, I had already guessed the big "twists" and the codes before it even happened.. so I guess that was why it was a bit disappointing in the end for me. I think what I'm trying to really say overall is: it just felt a little flat this time around. However, as always, I love the symbolism, history, and action. I don't personally care about the short chapters. Why anyone would complain about them is beyond me really. It doesn't matter. An author is free to make their chapters as long (or as short) as they wish. There is no set "limit". I'm still a fan of Dan Brown and certainly continue to look forward to more work from him in the future.